Thursday, February 18, 2010

Transition: Assignment 1 into Assignment 2

Okay, well today we all went around and wrote a word or phrase based off their first drawing that each artist should move forward with in their next assignment. We were then instructed to draw 1 slip of paper from that pile, draw a second slip of paper from a box Amy provided us with, and a third slip of paper from another box that contained names of mediums we are to potentially work with.

So here were my three slips....

1. Dream/Oneiromancer
2. Language
3. Eraser

Yep so I am going to make a drawing around those 3 variables. I need to do some research before I dive in. There are SO many directions I could go with... I just need to figure out what is being true to myself while still addressing these variables.

The other slips of paper about my drawing include the following:

mark making
aged/history
Domestic
MEMORIES
Memorable
SENTIMENTAL/IMAGERY
creepifying (you know what I mean I think) scenes/objects
creepy
MEMORY
focus on unique strokes and tonality
mark-making
delusion of memory
Home is where the heart is.
Home
The Farm
Blurred Future
ROOTS
FAMILY "TREE"
sketching vertical lines
vertical


And thus, I move forward.

No comments:

Post a Comment